Translate

Monday, January 27, 2014

TLV Abridged: Scene 10 - Another Amulet - Part 1




*Beethoven's Fifth, also, the movie's way of answering Dottie's question*


Truck: Here we go again.


Caretaker: (off-screen) I'm a poor lonely old sap and since you're hanging out with me even though I should be doing my job and keeping you out of here because it's outside visiting hours, I'm gonna sit here and drink with you. What are we drinking to?


Rookery: (off-screen) Well, that's an excellent question. I propose a toast to dead people. And vampires. Those, too.


Caretaker: Eh, whatever. But you know vampires don't exist, right?
Rookery: You've really got the wrong attitude for this movie.


Caretaker: Now, what's that supposed to mean?


Rookery: (delivering one of my favorite lines ever from this movie even though it comes from a bad guy (but in this version it's a bit premature)) There's a whole other world out there, if you just know how to look for it.


Caretaker: You don't say!


Caretaker: What else is in this other world? Magic?


Rookery: You'd be surprised. Let me let you in on a little secret.


Rookery: Magic's real.
Caretaker: *is slackjawed that he called it*


Rookery: You see the amulet around my neck?


Rookery: Don't touch it.


Caretaker: Why on Earth not?


Rookery: It is infused with great power and has been handed down in my family for generations. The vampires have a nearly identical one, though theirs is symbolically different colors. Theirs is supposed to make those filthy vermin human and this is supposed to put them right where they belong.


Rookery: In Hell.


*symbolism--I don't care how the lighting slices it*


Caretaker: But if this is a kid's movie with vampires in it and you're the creepy middle-aged vampire hunter, aren't you supposed to be the bad guy?


Rookery: Shut up


*is trying to hide being scared stiff*


Rookery: Come'ere. There's more.
Caretaker: I'm listening.


Rookery: This movie gave up on being good for kids under the age of eight ages ago.


Rookery: You see what I'm saying?


Caretaker: This is about that thing with the pistol, isn't it.


Rookery: Quiet. I think I hear something.


Rookery: I did. It went this way.
Caretaker: (to himself) This guy's half way to the bedlam house, but what've I got to lose by going along with him?


Caretaker: At least he came prepared.


Rookery: Now where is that thing?
Caretaker: Careful! Half these gravestones are crumbling by the hour!


Rookery: Oh, good. It's still standing. I was afraid they'd have torn it down by now. Somehow.


Caretaker: They? What do you mean by 'they'? And what the hell is this thing?


Caretaker: It looks like it's big enough to lower someone down into this hole with.
Rookery: That's the idea.


Rookery: Now, my guess is, if there is a vampire around, it went down this here hole. I'm going to lower myself down this here hole using this here winch and lattice.


Caretaker: You're out of your bloomin' mind.


Rookery: And once I lower myself down this here hole--


Rookery: What did you just say to me?


Caretaker: Just...that you're crazy to go down into some unknown hole in my graveyard after a mythical creature.


Caretaker: It's my graveyard. I'll know my way around. I should be the one going after mythical creatures.


Rookery: (inner dialogue) Wow, this is too easy.


Rookery: (actual line) Well, um...if you insist.


Caretaker: You're darn right I do... (small voice) I think.


Gregory: (telepathically) Does anything sound off to you?
Rudolph: (telepathically) Five more minutes, Mum.


Gregory: (telepathically) It's me, you dolt.
Rudolph: (telepathically) Shut up. I'm trying to sleep here.


Rookery: Now take the flashlight. It's pretty dark down there.


Rookery: Now just step off the edges of the hole and relax. This'll be nice and easy.


Caretaker: Wow, that's a creepy looking hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment