Translate

Friday, December 20, 2013

TLV Abridged: Scene 1 - Just a Dream - Part 2





Dottie: Stop lagging. It's time to go to school. Remember your seat belt, and I've got your lunch.........
Tony: *is zoned out*


*Dottie's right. Scotland looks fantastic. I, for one, welcome any movie filmed there that wants to show off the scenery, like this.*


Workers: *are oblivious*


Dottie: I want you to make nice to Dad and his boss, so I'm gonna not pay attention to the road and lead by example.
Tony: Uh, Mom?


*Clear distinction of classes/roles*


*Reinforcement*


Tony: I'm sure that guy on the horse is going to be important to the plot in some way.



Dottie: Tony, I know you're too busy obsessing about vampires to pay a lot of attention right now, but I'm going to try to be cheery about the whole mess and convince you not to act so insane in front of your classmates like you seem prone to keep doing day in and day out.


Dottie: And I'm also obliged to tell you that vampires aren't real.



Tony: Vampires ARE real. I see them every night. They tell me to do things and talk about my dreams so maybe someday the plot can kick in and we can find a missing amulet and--



Tony: (actual dialogue) MOM, YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!


Dottie: *nearly has heart attack*


Farmer McLaughlin: *unintelligible*


Dottie: Is this the part where I start praying?


Tony: More stupid accents. You'd think I'd understand them by now.

Dottie: Cheer up, honey. I'm sure everything's going to be just fine.


Tony: Mom, are you sure you're not the crazy one?


Tony: Ugh, that's gonna hurt. Hope nothing's broken.


Nigel: *unintelligible, possibly cursing*


Flint: Hey, is that the latest Superman comic?


Tony: Bell's ringing, gotta pick up my stuff. Gonna show up five minutes late, then compulsion about twenty minutes after that. Wow, at this rate, I'm gonna get everything done before lunch!


Mr. Boggins: I hope you're all taking notes, laddies and lasses, because this lesson has bearing on the plot. Now pay attention: this weekend, we have a rare opportunity.


Mr. Boggins: An alignment which has no magical significance whatsoever will occur on Saturday night. I don't know what magicians call this comet, but I'll call it Forsey, and I'll name this sphere on the board Moon. *leans back to consider the artwork* Hmm, it needs a Mr. Sun and a Mother Earth, I should think.


Tony: inner monologue: My compulsion should be kicking in right about now. Make a fool of self in three...two...


Tony: A beam of light comes from the moon, and there's a gathering of vampires, and there's a vampire hunter who shows up and crashes the party, and there's a fight over the stone, but the vampire and the vampire hunter are arguing about two totally different things, and the stone goes into the sea and some random vampire jumps after it never to be seen or heard of again.


Flint: Is he okay?
Nigel: Why are you askin' me?


Mr. Boggins: *is trying to laugh it off, obviously disturbed*


Mr. Boggins: Well that was more fleshed out than yesterday's, but you're still a terrible liar.


Tony: I know, but I'm not making it up.


Nigel: Head case.
Flint: Totally.


Mr. Boggins: Alright, suppose you are telling the truth. How do vampires come to be?


Tony: From Dracula, duh! Everybody knows that.


Mr. Boggins: First your lies and now your lip? You're getting bolder and bolder every day.


Tony: *is stunned speechless*


Mr. Boggins: Now get out of my classroom before this gets any worse.



Tony: *eye roll* Whatever, teach.


Flint: *trying to look like an angel*
Nigel: *openly exhibiting schadenfreude*

No comments:

Post a Comment